Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What Not To Say- Lessons With My Best Friend

Once upon a time, my bestest friend and I went to see our school's production of 'Romeo and Juliet'. I was right in the horrible middle of my first ever break-up. Having been dumped, my life was pretty much over, but I humored my friends with these outings.

And so we have Lessons with Karis:

It didn't take me long to find fault with the male lead. He was flopping around the stage in anguish like a giant weepy gelatin.

I thought I'd share this with my bestest friend and we'd laugh together and she'd say "Yes! Who needs men! They all act like that at our age anyway! Let's go eat ice cream and watch silly girl movies after this silly play until you feel better and we can skip away across rainbows!"

I was wrong.

It was silly. But there it was. In about .02 seconds I had relived all of the high drama of a fifteen year old's lovelife and started blubbering like the idiot Romeo on stage.

When the play was over we left, making no eye contact with the people who definitely were disturbed by Romeo's mimic.

What someone should really tell every fifteen year old girl about breakups is that they are going to regret their resulting behavior forever if they don't settle the kettle.

No comments:

Post a Comment